Below is a list of our most commonly asked questions

How far can I drive in my ZOOM hire vehicle?

We handle personal hires for a day, business leases for a year, and everything in between. That’s why our mileage allowances vary…

  • You can drive the vehicles as far as you like, the vehicles needs to be collected from Calne and returned to Calne
  • Taking the van abroad is possible however other insurance charges could apply depending on country and route to destination

Personal, short term car or van hire: unlimited mileage
Short term business van hire: unlimited mileage

For a bespoke quotation please contact us on sales@zoomvanhire.co.uk

Can I cancel my booking?

We’re sorry, but all prepaid bookings are non-refundable. Please phone us on 01249 475 020 for further details.

How old do I need to be to drive one of your vehicles?

You need to be aged between 25 and 80 and held a full licence for at least 2 years. Drivers ages below 25 can be arranged with specific permission and possible extra insurance/excess costs.

What sort of licence do I need to hire a vehicle?

A National licence from your country of residence is needed to rent our vehicles, written in English. This needs to cover the vehicle being hired, no special requirements between ages 25 and 80. If your licence is not printed in English an International Driving Permit (IDP) is also required.


An IDP can only be used in conjunction with a National Licence. Most licences cover you to drive up to 8 seater cars and up to a 3.5 tonne van.

Can I still rent if I have points on my licence?

In most cases this is not a problem, but we are required by law to check your licence with DVLA for any convictions, this is done simply by going on line for you to get a code for us to check. Any extra charges would normally be covered by an increase in deposit and / or excess.

How can I pay for my van hire requirements?

We only accept Debit or Credit card, we do not accept cheques or American Express.

What do your prices include?

Extra charges are applicable if the vehicle is to be taken outside of mainland UK.

Can I put more than 1 driver on the insurance?

There is a small extra charge for additional drivers who must produce their licence at the time of hire they must also meet our insurance criteria and fill in an additional drivers form before being authorised to drive.

What documents are required to enable me to hire a vehicle?

You will need your photo driving licence, together with one other forms of ID – one of which must be dated within the last 3 months and include your current address e.g. a utility bill, bank or credit card statement. Plus payment for the hire together with the deposit.

Is it possible to take the vehicle abroad?

We allow some of our vehicles to travel overseas for an additional cost. We need to know where you will be going and for how long and the route if through different countries so we can arrange insurance.

Additional documentation is necessary to be carried with the vehicle when travelling outside mainland UK which will be provided at the commencement of hire.

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Why not contact us today?

Comments are closed.